1.Expand on the questions as much as you can. It makes it more fun for the rest of us.
2.Show us your hair, whether it be preppy or skyscraper bangs. Post some photos and make it fun. We promise not to laugh, we have them too!
3. If you get the meme from a blog, leave a comment on that person's blog so they can see your responses.
4. Post links to any videos from YouTube to your blog that help you and your readers to relive the 80s. Here's mine: AHA, Take on Me
5. Party like it's 1999.
Here are the questions:
1. Preppy or Rocker: New Wave-ish disaster followed by Hippie
2. Z Cavarricis or Guess Jeans and Espirit or Benetton?: Esprit I guess, and if I could remember the name of that Italian jeans company whose logo was the two people sitting back to back, it would be that.
Pathetic, I know, but that's the first thing I think of when I think of the 80s. For some reason their video where they go in and out of being illustrated and photo real was a very seminal thing for me. Below is not necessarily my favorite songs but ones that really remind me of the 80s.
2. Favorite songs of the 80s. Take on Me by Aha
3. Most Annoying Pop songs of the 80s. Anything by the Cars
4. Hair Metal or Heavy Metal- Who was your favorite performer and favorite song?
I had a thing for AC/DC for awhile. Hells Bells.
5. What posters were on your bedroom wall or college dorm room? I had a poster of the young and super sexy Richard Gere. That is the only poster of I guy that I have ever had on my wall.
6. What concerts do you remember most from the 80s? Jackson Browne, that was the first concert I ever went to. Howard Jones. UB40 on the Boston Common. Black Uhuru.
7. Favorite 80s movies. Pretty in Pink, Dirty Dancing, anything with John Cusack in it, Blue Velvet, Fame, Micki & Maude
8. Favorite 80s movie quotes: I can't seem to remember any quotes.
9. Top 3 most memorable pop culture moments of the 80s for you:
(1) Watching the '84 presidential elections. It was the first time I could vote. (2) Pro choice rally on Washington (3) duh, is my memory so bad that I can't remember anything else? Does listening to "No Sleep til Brooklyn" in a boyfriend's car count?
10. Favorite 80s cartoon Were there cartoons in the 80s?
11. Favorite 80s commercials: The Clapper, clap on, clap off. That was from the eighties wasn't it?
12. Boy George or Wham? Wham, with the white gloves on.
13. Favorite one-hit wonder AHA, Take on Me
14. INXS or Depeche Mode: Depeche Mode, but what about Duran Duran and "Girls on Film"?
15. Poison or Warrant: I don't think these two bands ever even crossed my conciousness.
16. Did you ever meet a rocker or 80's pop icon? Where were you? I saw Debbie Harry on Canal St. in NY. She looked exactly like herself and was very intense.
17. Snap bracelets or Jelly bracelets? I totally missed this trend.
18. Fess up. Who had the garden weasel bangs? Did you ever measure your wall o' Aqua Net love? No hairspray, but I did go through a bad perm phase, pics to follow.
19. Favorite 80s TV shows: Love Boat, Three's Company.
20. Is Jon Bon Jovi still hot or what? And is Axel Rose just chopped liver?
21. "Double Dare" or "You Can't Do That on Television" . Missed these shows altogether. I didn't watch too much TV after the summer before college when I was trapped at my grandparents house and watched many reruns of Love Boat and Three's Company.
22. Who was your favorite Brat Packer? The boys didn't interest me so much, but Molly Ringwald, there was just something slightly repellent about her that I just couldn't keep my eyes off of.
23. Jellies or Reebok Pumps Neither. I had some leather earth shoe type moccasins that I fear were very unflattering.
24. Favorite pizza parlor arcade game. Pong.
These pictures are so embarassing that I shouldn't be allowed to post them at all. Here I am in the prairie skirt and the shirt with the high collar (second from the right). What WAS I thinking? Even at the time it felt like a costume to me. I don't think I wore it more than a couple of time.
Really bad jacket, really bad permed hair. No wonder the three guys that I asked to the prom all turned me down.
Late 80s, looking a bit better. Maybe it was college, maybe it was having boyfriends that improved my appearance, but I still managed to stick an ugly barette with plastic pearls on top of my head.