Friday, April 29, 2011

color play

color play

Swatching for a possible sweater. This is the first time I've used Knit Picks Palette and I love the way it is knitting up, it feels quite soft. The pattern is from Child's Panel Gansey in Alice Starmore's Book of Fair Isle Knitting (a must have for anyone who likes color work, lots of great historical information too). I tried the pattern with a white background and then with the oranges as the background and I think I'm leaning towards the oranges overall. The jury is out on whether to use the red or brownish orange, I've toyed with the idea of having an ombre effect on the sleeves. The lovely neckline on Eunny Jang's Autumn Rose and the great fit have kept me going back to it again and again, so I may finally be casting on for it. Just in time for summer, a colorwork pullover!

8 comments:

crazylegs said...

I love the orange and blue together. The sweater will be just stunning in those colors!

Michelle said...

Pretty! That's not too bad timing wise to get your yarn.

lauren said...

Oh isn't palette great! It's so wonderfully wooly and lofty, and at that price point how could you go wrong, really. These are some fantastic colors you're playing with - I love how you're not afraid to go bright.

Sayschnicklefritz said...

Your swatches are always framable, they're so pretty. The oranges with azul are so vibrant and spring-y, like robins and flowers and Easter (also a bit like the Calypso collection). You're very on trend. I love it.

Deborah said...

I love the orange as the background. Very rich like that. I also like the red and orangey brown. That blue gives it a nice pop.

Kathy said...

GREAT! I love the orange background. I just ordered some of that yarn after my tam class at Webs!

Mary Beth said...

Nothing wrong with knitting a pullover in summer. I do it every year. Just sit with the a/c (or fans) on full blast and it'll inspire you for fall. :)

Oiyi said...

Pretty!