Monday, October 31, 2011

happy halloween!

pumpkins are good eats
Our town was hit by the snowstorm, but not as badly as some other parts of the North East. We have power and our town trick or treating has only been postponed by one day, feeling grateful. Boy was so disappointed that we let him dip into the Halloween candy. In Hollis, NH they initially cancelled Halloween altogether and then relented and changed it to November 5th. There is no mischief night here, probably because the police department usually schedules trick or treating in advance of actual Halloween. On Halloween itself there's an awesome parade that winds itself though downtown. This year we will trick or treat and head straight to the parade, which is will probably be exhausting from all the walking and cold since the low should be around 37 degrees. Girl is going as Medusa, Huz and Boy and going as Axl Rose and Slash, I will be some sort of dark fairy creature. Hope you all are having a great Halloween. What are you wearing? Do you do anything special for Halloween?

6 comments:

Chris said...

I'm at work and I'm a witch. All day and night. Even have some cool black with skulls glue-on nails that keep flying off when I do anything with my hands. Here in mid-Canada we have no snow (yet) and it's gorgeous out. I'm so sorry, you guys! We're trick or treating with friends. Have a great Halloween!

Michelle said...

Have fun tonight! I was walking around downtown this morning and it was pretty chilly so I decided to not come back with Nim for the parade. Maybe next year.

Deborah-- said...

Happy Halloween! Sounds like it will be a fun night. Halloween was one of my favorites growing up. My costume tonight sort of looks like me!

Meganne Fabrega said...

Axl & Medusa were kind enough to stop by, even though we were out of candy! As usual, the Erder/Wright clan knocks it out of the park as far as costumes are concerned.

Oiyi said...

I can't wait to see your dark fairy creature costume. Melody is so into fairies right now as you saw on my blog. :-) It was not too cold tonight, thank goodness. She had a good time trick or treating. I went as a overworked mom. :-)

choo choo knits said...

pictures, pictures, we want pictures!

:o)