Thursday, February 16, 2012

comfort knitting

comfort knitting

Oh the joys of worsted weight yarn, a lovely color, and a great pattern with a nice cable. I've started Craftitude vest, one juicy cable up the front, and the yarn is Madelinetosh Vintage in Candlewick. This feels like a nice break after my never ending colorwork vest. Completely massacred the first cable repeat but am not going back.

My colorwork vest is blocking as I write this. I ended up doing the covered steek on each side of the front opening TWICE. Apparently the problem is that I can't count. I picked up uneven amounts of stitches on either side of the steek sandwich and counted them more than once. oy. rip. rip. rip.

Yarn barf guinea pig toupee

7 comments:

Erin Kate said...

All of my knitting is comfort knitting! I love that phrase. :) Beautiful color!

Allison said...

Right now I'm doing a boring sweater in Cascade 220 but I'm planning a cabled vest in Madeline Tosh Chunky next. That will be comfort knitting!

Evelyn said...

We could all use a little comfort!

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Your post just made my day: between the Craftitude vest in that FABULOUS color yarn, and that hamster Hipsta (or is it a Hipster Hamster Hipsta?), swoon.

cauchy09 said...

gah, that yellow yarn is exciting! and the cable really pops in it.

sweet creature. seems very happy to wear that wig. :o)

Deborah-- said...

Comfort knitting is reviving! Perfect yarn/color choice for that vest. It will be beautiful.

Angela said...

Lovely cable and yarn, but I can't stop staring at the pic of the guinea pig. So cute!!